Monday, June 11, 2007

They just use your mind, and they never give you credit

I've got a job. A temp thing, three months I think it is (but I didn't write that bit down when the guy told me over the phone), starting tomorrow. It doesn't sound spectacularly exciting, but it pays fairly well, and it's only about 15 minutes away by bike, and it'll keep me off the streets. So back to the grind of ironing a shirt every single day, slaving away over a hot computer moving numbers from one place to another, mingling with other wage slaves. Ah well, at least it's entirely by choice on my part, so I can't complain.

I've even bought new shoes. Proper shoes, from Clark's, not the cheap ones that fall apart within a month of buying them. I haven't bought proper shoes since I can't remember how long ago. They're real leather, not other materials. I thought about buying a new suit and some shirts, too, but decided not to go mad. My old tatty ones will do fine, it's just a temp job. You don't expect temp accountants to be clean and shiny.

It's with Synergy Healthcare. They do industrial laundry, dental supplies and prosthetic appliances.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Master Ben.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations dude! Cowabunga! That Synergy place is lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, darlin'. Hope all goes well.

Katy

Just one question - what are prosthetic appliances? Are they they the same as standard prosthetic limbs, or do they make you a cup of tea and do your housework at the same time?