Wednesday, June 13, 2007

sdaeh rieht edih dna nur yeht semoc niar eht fI

Ah, that's something I've really missed. Cycling home in the pouring rain without so much as a coat on because it was baking hot and sunny in the morning.

Ah well, I suppose it could have been snow. Or great big boulders. Anyway, I got an email today about the world memory championships, and it seems Bahrain is definitely going to host it. They've got a venue and everything. There might even be special rates for accommodation and plane tickets for the competitors, if we're lucky. And I'm sorry, I know the various organisers are doing a great job in providing this competition, for minimal or no reward, but I had to giggle at the line "The fee far participation in the competition has been fixed for the past few years, and will remain so again for 2007 at UK £30. As you can imaging this in no way reflects the actual cost of running the competition, so we are more than grateful to our many sponsors who are shown on the website. Please support them."

Seriously, I can't imagine many people will be celebrating only having to pay £30 to enter the competition when they have to splash out on plane tickets to Bahrain. Anyway, £30 from 50 competitors or so is £1500. I could run a world memory championship for £1500. Probably. Assuming lots of people wanted to help me and not get any money for doing so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All these clever people leaving the country at the same time...

Isn't that called a 'Bahrain drain'?

Zoomy said...

Heehee, congratulations! You're the first person, as far as I know, to make a Bahrain/brain pun relating to the world memory championship! I bet there'll be a LOT of that to come...

Anonymous said...

Yes, we just need a little brain storming. Damn! Missed my chance!!

Zoomy said...

Why is it only now occurring to me that I should have titled this post "Bah. Rain."?