Sunday, October 22, 2006

You don't have to be crazy to work here...

I forget why I agreed to work next week when I could be staying at home and practicing for the two competitions I'm doing in a couple of weeks. I'd rather not have to go in tomorrow, anyway. I'll see if I can wriggle out of it. That said, I haven't been doing any practicing today (or is it 'practising'? That's one of the only words in the English language I'm never sure how to spell right), I've been watching telly and aimlessly wandering around cyberspace. Although I prefer to buy my old cartoon videos from charity shops, I found one on eBay that I couldn't resist - it's titled "Sniffles the Mouse"! I had no idea he'd ever got a tape named after him. It's got two Sniffles cartoons on it that I've already got, and a few other random non-Sniffles ones that I haven't. The opening bid of £2.99 (plus postage and packing) is so ridiculously high for this kind of thing that I almost didn't bother, but I thought what the heck. I might as well run out of money sooner as later.

Anyway, Torchwood is on in ten minutes, and I'm still entirely unclear on whether it'll be any good or not. I hope it will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!
I can explain to someone from England how to spell in English ;)

Ben: For you "pracitising" is correct, because this is Enlish spelling, while "praciticing" is American English.

Regards from Germany,
see you soon in Gießen & Stuttgart

P.s.: You can tell James, that Ulrich Voigt explained his "stacking technique" month ago on Brainboard and Clemens is using it (more or less. He does not always stack five elements, but as many items as he like to be on each individual location)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben, Just logged on to your site and have found great enjoyment reading your comments since the WMC 06! I had to laugh at at your comment about me leaving my stopwatch at home at this years WMC! I told that story to one of my friends here in South Africa and he managed to forward the story on to the rest of the country! Very darn funny!Just wanted to wish you all the best for the German Champs. You must dominate and I am sure you will! I will be in the UK in Dec and late January. If you are free Kemp, you and I should head out for a drink.
Happy 30th! James told me all about it. Take care and hope to connect soon. Cheers, Daren

Anonymous said...

You don't have to be crazy to work here...but it helps.

Anonymous said...

No Torchwood spoilers please, some of us have to wait for it to come on "normal" tv.