Friday, October 27, 2006

Happy birthday, Jenny!

And for that matter happy birthday yesterday to my neighbour Andi, who it turns out reads my blog. And I thought I was living here in peaceful anonymity. That's a different Andi from the one I normally write about here, by the way.

I'm feeling rather short of inspiration for things to write about tonight, as you can maybe tell by the many happy returns of days that aren't necessarily exactly today. Although that does remind me of something I haven't mentioned on here yet - while lying around the place playing on the internet the morning after my birthday party, we discovered that I was born exactly fifty years to the day after the publication of Winnie-The-Pooh! This is quite significant, since most of us at the party met as a direct result of Pooh's existence. That's the kind of numerical statistic that leads some people out there on the internet to believe that they're the second coming.

This internet-browsing session was also notable for Ace shouting "Pooh links!" quite loudly while two normal people were in the room delivering a hamster to Crispy and Sleepy. Well, comparatively normal, anyway, probably. I don't know them, they might have been complete weirdos, but they probably weren't.

No comments: