Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It's a steady job, but he wants to be a paperback writer

Did you know November is National Novel Writing Month? No, neither did I until today (thanks, Kitty!). What it is, if you're too lazy to click on the link and work out what the slightly unfathomable website is talking about, is a kind of challenge - write a 50,000 word novel from scratch during the month of November. The idea being that you're going to write a load of drivel, but at least it will get your creative juices flowing. Really, it's exactly the kind of impetus I need! The I'll-do-it-if-you-do-it-too attitude always motivates me to do stuff.

I think everyone should do it. In fact, I COMMAND all my loyal readers to join in and write their own masterpieces! Go on, don't be shy, you don't have to show your novel (or navel) to anybody if you don't want to, but I think everyone in the world should try to tap into their muse as much as possible. It's good for you. And don't give me that "I haven't got time" nonsense - I've got a trip to Germany packed with mental calculations and memorising, a semi-full-time job, a non-novel book to write and a whole pile of cartoons that need watching (thanks Mike!), and I'm still going to write 50,000 words.

I haven't got a title yet. Or rather, I have, but I'm not sure if I'm going to use it or not. I'll see what kind of novel I feel like writing. Look me up on the website - I'm Zoomy.

No comments: