Thursday, January 05, 2006

Not in a blogging mood tonight

I'm sitting here thinking "Oh, I haven't put anything in my blog yet today, I'd better do that," and feeling completely devoid of inspiration. That hasn't happened to me very much over the nearly six months I've been doing this (must have a half-anniversary party!), which surprises me a bit. I've tried keeping a diary several times in the past, but it's never lasted this long. I think there's something about putting it online where anyone can read it (even if nobody does actually read this because I don't tell anyone it exists).

I considered posting a bit of nonsense that I wrote years ago and have on this computer, but that seems like cheating to me. I think there's an unwritten rule that everything I put on here has to be fresh and new and original - not that anyone would notice the difference if I put some old stuff on, but it's the principle of the thing.

So anyway, as you can see, I've devoted three paragraphs to saying that I don't feel like saying anything - that's concise by my standards. Now I'm off to memorise some binary digits before bed. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't bother updating my blog every day, only when I've got something interesting or funny or silly to say. I started keeping a diary when I first went to uni and i've kept that up ever since. For the last few years I've even managed to write something in it for every day, even if it just says 'stayed in and watched ... on telly'

Sam said...

I've never been able to keep a diary.

I like to tell people things.

Zoomy said...

I'm hugely envious, Mike. The great thing about this blog/diary/thing is being able to go back and remember things I've done. It seems a lot more vivid when you've written it down at the time, because you remember what you were thinking when you wrote it, and when you did whatever you were writing about.

And why do I get more comments on the post about not having anything to post about than all the posts that are actually about something?