Thursday, September 29, 2022

Powdered wigs

 Walking past the barber's shop in the town centre, I saw the proprietor having a smoke outside, and a teenage boy came up and asked him "Do you sell, like, the powder hair products? And how much is, like, a little bit?"

Powder? Is this a thing? I looked it up on the internet when I got back home, and yes, apparently hair styling powder is a thing that people use. I never knew that before today. I know I've got no hair, but I thought I was at least au fait with what more hirsute people do with their lustrous locks. Apparently not, though.

I don't go to that trendy young people's barber, anyway - I go to the one outside the town centre, which is much more of an old man's barber, once every six months or so to trim my remaining tonsure. I bet he doesn't put powder in his hair. How does that even work, anyway? It's all a mystery to me.

Also, someone's put a pair of drumsticks and a bouquet of flowers on the statue of John Bonham, to commemorate the anniversary of his death. This is the kind of old man thing I can entirely understand and sympathise with! Young people today, they don't know they're born.

No comments: