Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Synchronicity

I don't plan my life in advance, generally speaking, so when everything works out nicely like it did at lunchtime today, I feel quite pleased with myself. The meeting at work didn't overrun at all (since someone important had a conference call scheduled for twelve), I was able to honestly say "I'll have to look into it and ask someone else" when someone came up to me afterwards with a mysterious piece of paper and leave at exactly the time I was meaning to. And then I got back home at the exact moment when a postman arrived to deliver my new passport (which has to be signed for and would have gone back to some depot somewhere if I hadn't been around), made myself a sandwich and finished eating it at the exact moment when Radio Gloucestershire phoned for the interview, talked to them for a concise five-minute chat and had ten minutes left to browse through the latest othello newsletter before having to go back to the office. It was quite the most productive and well-organised lunch hour I've ever had, and perfectly timed throughout! I'm very nearly a yuppie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's here at about 39 minutes in.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p005stlb/Anna_King_06_01_2010/

Zoomy said...

Thanks, 'mouse! Not really worth listening to, even for my most devoted fans, I'm afraid... ^.^

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link.

^.^ said...

Yep, the fans don't seem to like it as they haven't commented at all on the radio interview. Maybe all your fans have deserted you.