Wednesday, November 28, 2007

But if you've been bad, he will kill you

It's that time of year when everybody's thoughts turn to a silly song on an episode of Maid Marian And Her Merry Men from nearly twenty years ago. So I was very pleased to find that typing "Father Bloopy" into YouTube not only gives me the song itself, but also enlightens me as to the existence of a band who named themself after the song. And not only were they genius enough to call themselves Father Bloopy, they also did a cover of Dragostea Din Tei live in Miami Beach, in which they more than make up for any shortage of musical talent with raw enthusiasm. This is my kind of band, and I'm going to find out whether they've got a fan club and join it.

2 comments:

Ian said...

That Father Bloopy song's hilarious, man! I'd never heard of it! Love the band with the same name, too!

Zoomy said...

There are lots of Maid Marian songs on YouTube, but sadly "Naked to the Visible Eye" doesn't seem to be there, and that was always one of my favourites. Must get the DVD, if there is a DVD. Must find out and then get it, if possible.