Tuesday, January 16, 2007

2D6 (+1 modifier)

Part 97 in the occasional series of posts where I link to a webcomic I've just discovered and think is brilliant, to the interest and fascination of absolutely none of my readers. In that spirit, I give you Goblins!

It maybe works best if you've got a passing knowledge of role-playing games, but then I've never been all that seriously into them, even in my particularly geeky teenage years, and I can still pick up on the ways Goblins pokes fun at the silliness and unusual features of the hobby. And it's the kind of storyline that covers the whole range from just-plain-silly to deadly serious, depending on the mood the writer's in (I love that kind of approach to writing). I've read the whole archive today, and I laughed out loud lots of times, and cried when they did horrible things to poor Fumbles. And the art is just plain gorgeous! I may have mentioned two or three dozen times before that I'm wildly envious of people who can draw well, but it's one of my major hangups in life, and I'm sure I'm going to mention it again and again. Get used to it. I'd love to do my own webcomic.

No comments: