Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It CAN be done!

I'm a great pianist. Admittedly my repertoire is limited to 'On Top Of Old Smokey', but I can play it almost perfectly, doing arpeggios with my left hand and everything. And while I appreciate that some people might not see that as a great achievement, they just don't understand how fantastic it is to hear music and actually be the one producing it. I'm wildly excited, although I won't be booking the concert hall just yet.

What I will be booking a stage for (or at least James will be booking a stage for) is a memory performance in Stamford Arts Centre on January 20th, in association with James Kemp and Daren Denholm. With local people, newspapers and things in attendance to generally learn about memory and things. This will be the ideal opportunity to see if I'm capable of doing any kind of live show - I haven't quite worked out what to do yet, but it needn't be anything particularly amazing, so I can just play around with presentation and try to look cool. I think I'm going to go with something involving numbers I've memorised in advance, rather than memorising live, because that's never really worked for me. And maybe as an encore do calendar calculations. Those are always cool.

Who knows, a bit more practice and maybe I could amaze everyone there with my ivory-tinkling ability too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a moral imperative that you include the Brazilian mystery cape into your stage show!

~A candelabra and smoke machine wouldn't hurt either.~

Anonymous said...

Eeek - a cape, candelabra and smoke machine would be dangerously Liberace-esque...

Anonymous said...

Oh, and also well done! ;o)

Anonymous said...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds35336.html

Anonymous said...

http://talent.itv.com/