Thursday, November 09, 2006

I can't write!

Dagnabbit, this whole NaNoWriMo thing was meant to be a fun little exercise in breaking down my inhibitions and forcing myself to write a serious book, but I've got a terminal case of writer's block. Or do you have to actually have written something before it counts as writer's block? Okay, possibly I've got non-writer's block, but whatever the diagnosis, my muse is clammed up like... well, like a clam, I suppose. When did you last see a book written by a clam on the Sunday Times bestseller list? 1997, I think it was. And that was only at number six.

See, I can write things like that with no problem, but the idea here was to write something in a different kind of style, to broaden my interior horizons and make me a more well-rounded writer. And it's not working. Okay, technically it's only the 9th of November and I've got plenty of time to get cracking and still churn out the required word count, but the outlook is pretty bleak at the moment.

No comments: