Thursday, October 19, 2006

You people have held me back long enough

I'm getting another hat. I've decided. The world expects a certain amount of hat-wearing from me, and I've been a sad disappointment this last couple of months. I did think about remaining hatless and looking vaguely like a normal person for once, but I've changed my mind. I'm no good at looking normal, but I'm great at looking eccentric, even when I'm not trying to. Besides, without a hat I haven't found anything that can prop my stopwatch up reliably while I'm memorising things.

I did go to Lincoln yesterday, by the way. It's hardly changed at all since the last time I was there. I found an excellent video in a charity shop too, which highlights exactly what I find so entertaining about these old public-domain-cartoon collections. This one clearly contained cartoons that had come to the packagers second-hand, with the title cards already removed, so the people making the packaging had to invent titles! They mainly stick to simple titles based on what's happening in the cartoon (although coming up with "Pussy Cat In Boots" to describe a cartoon originally called "Puss In Boots" made me giggle), but how do you get "Something For The Birds" from "Inki and the Minah Bird", which despite the name is mainly about Inki hunting a lion, with the Minah Bird carrying on in its usual inscrutable way in the background. There aren't any other birds in it.

Also, I need to move to a bigger flat. I've got the longest maze book in the world (thanks James!) to find my way through, and it opens up to 20 feet in length. Which is longer than my flat from one end to the other. I really want to see the whole extent of it stretched out in front of me, so I'm going to have to move to some kind of mansion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could you not roll it down the stairs in your place? Or hang it out the window and abseil!

K