Sunday, July 16, 2006

I Suck

I have done absolutely nothing all day today. Quite literally nothing, just sat around watching TV or reading. Couldn't even be bothered to cook a meal tonight, so I went out to McDonald's. It's hotter than a really hot place and just not the weather for being industrious and hard-working. Or that's my excuse, anyway.

One thing I've done today is taken another step towards the end of my rather strange project that I started a few months ago - to watch an episode of Baby Looney Tunes daily and write a review and analysis of it (just for my own entertainment, you understand, because I don't think anyone else would want to read it - BLT is unjustly despised by most serious cartoon fans). I kind of dropped it during the World Cup and with all my travels, mainly because it was hard to keep the motivation once I'd got onto season 2, which is almost uniformly awful and not a patch on the first season. But having watched "Duck's Reflucks" (a rare misfire from Marlowe Weisman, who's one of the best writers of this kind of cartoon in the world) today, now I've only got two more episodes to watch (both of them dreadful ones), and then I'll need a new similar kind of thing to occupy half an hour of my time in an evening.

Thundercats might be fun (I've got every episode of that on tape too), and that's the kind of thing I could publish on the internet because some people might really enjoy it, but it's a bigger task that takes up more time - episodes are 20 minutes long instead of 11, and there's more plot and continuity to talk about, not to mention an absolute goldmine of nitpicking of plot inconsistencies. Or a comic like Alpha Flight or Defenders, although there's plenty of detailed analysis and criticism of those out there already. I'm making great strides in my effort to collect every Warner Bros cartoon, but still missing a few hundred, so I can't review those from start to finish yet.

I could devote the extra time to training for the world memory championship so as not to make a complete fool of myself there, but then again you can work too hard on things. I'm going to go and lounge around reading comics rather than ironing shirts or making myself a packed lunch for tomorrow.

No comments: