Friday, February 24, 2006

Ugh

This is the second time in two weeks I've lamented about drinking too much, so I apologise, but obviously I'm turning into one of those comical drunks who everyone laughs at on the street in old movies.

It's not like I even had all that much in the pubs in Burton last night (okay, four pints of Stella which is always one too many for me, a bottle of Smirnoff Ice and a couple of swigs of other stuff), but for some reason today I had the worst hangover of my life. Obviously I'm getting old. But I got up at the normal time today fully intending to go to work, and staggered as far as the bathroom (about three steps from my bed - very small flat) before realising that walking around really wasn't going to be an option. So I called into work and asked if I could have a day's holiday (boss's response: "Of course you can!" in the usual tones of astonishment that I felt it necessary to ask rather than just not turning up) and then spent the whole day in bed, apart from one quick vomiting interlude.

I've still got a headache. Possibly it's a virus of some kind - that sounds much more socially acceptable than just making myself very ill after a night out with work people.

No comments: