Saturday, January 14, 2006

These vagabond shoes

Booked my tickets to and hotel in New York today - two months before going somewhere is probably a record for me. I worry sometimes that I'm growing up. I'll arrive on the Thursday afternoon, spend Friday seeing the sights, Saturday seeing the memory competition, then go home on Sunday evening, which thanks to the miracle of time differences gets me back into England early on Monday morning. Then I can spend the rest of Monday and all of Tuesday in bed to get over the jet lag before going back to work on the Wednesday. I can't sleep on planes, and I always have a terrible time adjusting to moving a few time zones east and skipping a few hours of the day. I'm fine going the other way - an extra five hours in the day won't be a problem at all. I have a feeling that the solution is to go home in the opposite direction and arrive before I left, but there's probably a technical difficulty or two with that somewhere.

1 comment:

Zoomy said...

Oh, I've never denied that. But you see, when I wear shoes with big holes in that are falling apart at the seams, it's stylish!