Saturday, October 01, 2005

Match of the Day

Boston won their first match of the season without me being there to cheer them on today - one-nil against Peterborough (three bookings apiece and the only goal came from a penalty - sounds like another local derby classic!). They're coming to Notts County next Friday evening, don't ask me why it was scheduled for such a strange time, so I might go along and watch that one.

I went to Nottingham today, picked up some comics and watched a really cool street performer jump through a tiny little hoop with sharp knives all around it. I'd love to be able to do something like that. For that matter, I'd like to look good with my shirt off, like this guy did. Maybe I should join a gym, and pump iron or whatever it is people do in those places. That mens sana in thingummy doodah works both ways, I'm sure, so it would probably enhance my memory skills drastically if I had a flat stomach and rippling muscles.

My all-time favourite performers I've seen on city streets are The Alley Cats, a fantastic family folk/blues/skiffle etc group I saw in Lincoln years ago. Hopefully they're still going strong, because they were absolutely fantastic.

Having got home, I dug up my CIMA certificate from the bottom of my box of paperwork, since Michael Page have been hassling me about it (presumably they think I'm lying about my qualifications). It looks quite fancy, actually - I haven't really looked at it since I got it three years ago, but it says "Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting" in big letters. Maybe I should have it framed.

No comments: