Sunday, October 02, 2005

Cordon bleu

Thinking about this plan of mine to cook party food, it occurred to me that I have no idea where the supermarkets keep flour and things. It must be in there somewhere, but I've certainly never noticed it in the two years I've been shopping there.

That being the only thought I've had all day, what else am I going to talk about tonight? Oo, I know, how about memory things? After all my enthusiasm for training immediately after the WMC, I've been rather neglecting it lately. It's hard to get back into the habit of concentrating for long periods of time after taking time off - it takes a real effort of will to force myself to carry on with it when my mind starts to wander, and I must admit I didn't really manage it today. But I'm off work again tomorrow, and I'll give it another go.

If there's nothing on telly, that is - luckily for me, today's all-day-cartoon-fest on Boomerang was Tom and Jerry, and not even I can watch a whole day of Tom and Jerry cartoons without it starting to get a tiny bit repetitive. And Cartoon Network's two featured cartoons this weekend were Ed, Edd & Eddy and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, neither of which I've ever really got into. I've always felt that Billy & Mandy was the kind of thing I should like, but somehow it's never quite clicked for me. I don't know what it is, but I don't think I need another cartoon I can never bear to miss, so I'm not that worried.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Jemfo. Flour, etc is in an aisle labelled "Baking Needs" here, but where you are it may be called something different. Yay for you cooking, but be prepared for the flour to get all over the place. It always does, with me

Sam said...

There should be a baking aisle, Zoomy - what part of the supermarket do you shop in?

I have to go through the whole supermarket once and then I start putting stuff in the trolley - just so that I know what's there and what I need to buy.