Monday, October 17, 2005

After the merrymaking

Twelve hours of uninterrupted sleep after last night's entry, I was woken by my alarm at half past seven this morning thinking "God, I'm still knackered..."

I spent a while debating whether it was worth the effort of getting up and going to work, and ultimately decided that it wasn't. Called the office at 8:45, but nobody was in yet. Called back at 9:15, intending to confess that I had a hangover after a weekend's boozing, but Zoe just said I could have the day off without me needing to give any reason, so that's all right.

Anyway, it was a great party. And everyone did more or less fit in the flat, so I needn't have worried about that. Documentary guy wants to film a Poohsticks meet some time, which we all think might be cool. Although we'd have to watch what we say, and behave a bit more decently than usual. He also wants to film an othello tournament, which might be very cool for the game, raising public awareness, making it look sexy and appealing and so on.

Also, talking to the aforementioned docco-wallah (thanks for the expression, Sam) was a lot of fun - he's a nice guy. He was flattering/patronising/humouring me to a certain extent, but not so much that it's likely to become annoying. And I suppose you're not going to get anywhere as a filmmaker if you don't develop a habit of doing that automatically, so I can't blame him. He was filming me for a couple of hours in the morning, with a minimum of rearranging my furniture and asking me to say things more than once, so if he carried on like that it would be bearable to do this documentary thing. But I'm still not convinced that I want to waste my time with it.

On the other hand, if I'm going to keep those resolutions of mine, I probably should. A bit of self-publicity like appearing on TV would probably help with the aim of getting a book published. I said I'd let him know some time after this weekend, so I've got plenty of time to think about it.

No comments: