Monday, September 19, 2005

The Testing of Eric Olthwaite

I've just noticed that BBC4 are doing an evening of Michael Palin programmes, including the classic 'Ripping Yarns' episode this post is named after. Actually, that's about the only thing worth watching on it - there's a Monty Python episode too, but since BBC4 is an arty kind of channel, they seem to have decided to avoid any of the well-known ones and gone for 'The Cycling Tour', which I've never found all that funny. And the rest is travel shows and biographies. They could have dug up some of his earlier comedy stuff, rather than bothering with the things he's wasting his time on nowadays.

Anyway, I must get round to emailing people about my birthday. In these bridgeless times, you can't rely on people checking Tish's site regularly. I think I'm definitely going to try to find a flat in Burton sooner rather than later - I had a look at some estate agent websites at work today (nothing else to do with my time), and there seems to be quite a few available. Nothing that really looks all that nice, though, but I'd have to have a look at them in real life.

This flat I've got at the moment is great, though. It's very small, but it's cheap, amazingly quiet considering it's in the middle of town (and the nasty part of town too) and I've never had any kind of problem with it in the two years I've been living here. If I can find a carbon-copy of this one in Burton, it'll be fine with me.

No comments: