Wednesday, September 21, 2005

It's always the same, it's just a shame, that's all

That's not a reference to anything in my life, it's just that I've had that song stuck in my head all day for some reason. I haven't even heard it for years. And I don't know most of the words, so I'm singing ner ner-ner ner ner-ner ner ner ner to myself. Still, if anyone's reading my mind it'll teach them a lesson.

I haven't really got anything to write about today, anyway. I've got addicted to Spider Solitaire in a bad way - spent all day playing it at work, when I actually did have something I should be doing for a change. Still, what are they going to do, fire me?

My dad phoned this evening to say he can't afford a day out at the steam railway museum. I was going to offer to pay for it myself, but I think I'll wait until I've actually got that redundancy money burning a hole in my bank account. I'm skint at the moment. He'll probably be deeply offended at the idea of his son paying for anything anyway, but I'm rude like that.

Actually, his real reason for calling was to check that I'm still at Parkhouse so that he can send me a birthday present. He's leaving it a bit late this year, it's only four weeks early. I'm normally getting Christmas presents from him around this time. And yes, he always insists on sending it to my work address rather than my home one, because he doesn't trust sorting offices not to lose parcels if there's nobody in when they're delivered. It's a wonder I turned out so normal and right in the head, really, isn't it?

No comments: