Wednesday, May 08, 2024

I'm going to my memory palace

 I don't like that phrase. I didn't hear "memory palace" until I'd already been doing memory stuff for quite a while, so it doesn't sound authentic to me. That's perhaps what you get for only reading two chapters of one memory book instead of immersing yourself in the literature. But nowadays apparently Sherlock Holmes talks on TV about going into his memory palace, in a very unrealistic way. Pah. He should stick to detective stuff and cocaine.

But I just say 'journeys', and I'm going to create some new journeys for the first time in many, many years! I want some specially reserved for this mind-reading magic act, and don't want to cannibalise my existing ones. They need to be permanently engraved with long-term memory things, you see. It will be fun - I've discovered many new places since I last prepared journeys! Redditch and the surrounding areas are about to be immortalised in my brain!

No comments: