Tuesday, September 19, 2023

What the L?

 I would never dream of listening to Radio 1 normally. It's for dreadful young people who listen to awful modern music. But having got a lift today with someone who listens to it, I was actually quite impressed. Not only is "I Used To Be Young" by Miley Cyrus really quite catchy, but one of the presenters on the afternoon show (who may or may not be called Vick, but I had to look it up) came out with some great trivia that I didn't know!

There are only five countries in the world that end with L, you know. And (having been provided with Nepal as the one which prompted this apparently unscripted challenge) I did manage to think of them by the end of the song they played, though it was a close-run thing. I won't spoil it for you if you want to try it yourself, but the coolest thing about these five countries is that they're all a hugely long way away from each other! If you live in a country that ends with L, you're well over a thousand miles away from any other country that ends with L! I think that's very cool, and I might have to listen to awful radio stations more often now.

No comments: