Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Recruiters

 Looking at the Blogger stats, I notice someone has been specifically reading the various posts I've made over the years about looking for a new job, or starting a new job, or otherwise discussing my employment status. I tend to be more circumspect about that kind of thing nowadays, because as we progress ever deeper into the twenty-first century, you're increasingly likely to find yourself working for someone who knows what the internet is. I miss the days when it was a secret community known only to the very cool young people.

But yes, I have been looking for jobs recently online, and no doubt attracted the attention of somebody in the business of hiring accountant-slash-financial-analysts. But the ideal employer and/or recruitment agency for me would be someone who's read and enjoyed all the cool non-work-related things I've written about on my blog! I prefer to be chosen based on my general coolness rather than my financial credentials.

No comments: