Monday, September 25, 2023

Memory in Europe

The good old-fashioned International Standard memory competition that is the German Memory Championship is happening in October - details are here, and further to what's on that page, they have just announced that there will be cash prizes! 

🇪🇺- European Open

1. place 600 Euros + IAM trophy

2. place 400 Euros + trophy

3. place 250 Euros + trophy

4. place 100 Euros

5. place 100 Euros

6-10 place 50 Euros


 Having told the organisers that I can't come to the event due to lack of funds, I was quite impressed that they thought this might change my mind. Fifteen years ago, I would have gone there as a matter of course, fairly confidently expecting to take the first prize, and been pleased to cover some of the costs of travel and accommodation. Nowadays, though, I might not even make the top ten, depending on how many other competitors there are. If it's double figures, I've got no chance. 

 But I still wish I could be there, and hope it's a spectacular event for everyone who does go along!

No comments: