Saturday, July 15, 2023

Kippers for breakfast, Aunt Helga?

 I went into Birmingham this morning, and on the way back into Redditch it started to rain. When the train pulled into the station, it was absolutely torrential, like the entire year's rainfall in about ten seconds, flood waters rising. I put my umbrella up, and as I walked along the platform the rain started to ease off. By the time I'd got to the ticket office, the sun had come out and everything was lovely again.

I tell you, I'm getting tired of this changeable weather, but since it's St Swithin's day today we've got another forty days of it to go. Still, I bought eight comics from the famous 50p box at Worlds Apart and saw an amusing advertising sign, so the morning wasn't entirely wasted.

And as a follow-up to the previous post, I didn't even know you could do this kind of special offer on eBay, but I've been offered that Red Moon tape for a mere thirty pounds! The really worrying thing is that I'm a sucker for 'special offers' like this and I can see I'm going to inevitably end up buying it.

No comments: