Friday, May 12, 2023

That's numberwang

 Being sent to Coventry by your friends is generally seen as a bad thing, but in this case it's definitely a plus. A friend has pointed me to the Logic and Mathematical Games Final at Coventry University tomorrow, and we're going to go and take part!

Looking at last year's paper, it's the kind of question I'd want to practice more and learn the obvious short-cut tricks to (things like 'what's the minimum number of ways to do something' that people have probably identified a formula for that I've never heard of), but it'll be fun anyway! I won't tell you my score unless I do really unexpectedly well.

Did you know if A=1, B=2 and so on, Coventry is 122? And that if you ignore all letters that aren't Roman numerals, Coventry is 105? And that if you take the latter from the former, the answer is 17? And that since the trains are on strike tomorrow I'm getting to Coventry by the X19 and then the X18 bus?

That's the kind of numerical mood this puts me in. I was trying to come up with some really interesting number trivia, but that's the best I can do.

No comments: