Friday, January 20, 2023

Groovy shoes

By far the coolest part of the whole experiment is that I got a pair of custom-painted shoes, bespoke designs just for me, by Greg Itahara! They're extremely cool, and have a cartoon squirrel and a brain on them. What more could anyone want?





I got these shoes just last week, as part of the advance promotion for the film, which also involved me teaching a masterclass in memory to a bunch of media people and other miscellaneous people associated with the documentary (Geoff, my personal trainer, was there).




I have to admit, that green lighting makes me look awesome. And everyone seemed appreciative of my "masterclass" in how to memorise words, names and images in the Memory League style. (Yes, I taught people how to memorise names. They were all better at it than I am.)

And everyone had a go on Memory League and loved it! I'm hopeful that we've won a few converts to competitive memorising, either directly or indirectly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The socks are a nice touch.

Zoomy said...

That's my normal look when it comes to socks. I did get some Asics socks among my goodies, but I don't like those barely-reaching-your-ankles things that apparently athletes wear...