Thursday, December 27, 2018

Moving with the times, for the sake of nostalgia

I had various projects I was thinking of doing in this extended Christmas holiday, but instead I've bought a DVD of M.A.S.K., since I noticed that the entire classic cartoon is on DVD now, and also a Nintendo Switch to play Sonic Mania Plus on. For the last 25 years, give or take, I've held firm to the view that all modern video games are rubbish and should be ignored, but I just couldn't resist the wonder of this new classic-themed Sonic game. There's even a series of sheer genius cartoons to promote it!

And the game turns out to be just as good as it looks, so I don't feel at all cheated! I might even acquire some other games, some time, just to try to justify the cost of the Switch. It still feels wrong to play Sonic the Hedgehog on a Nintendo system, though...

Also, I want to see someone on the internet make a fake advert saying "sell your car on webuyanycar.com, or Philip Schofield will kill this puppy." Has anyone done that yet?

No comments: