Sunday, September 16, 2018

Paint the sky with stars

I'm back among the brainwashed masses of television-watchers - Sky TV people came to plug me in this morning. One of them said he recognised my face and asked if he'd installed Sky at my old place, and I said no, but you've maybe seen me on telly, I'm a memory man. He agreed that maybe that was where he'd seen me, but then I was suddenly racked with doubt - could he actually have been the person who installed Sky for me when I lived in Belper? And I'm just telling him I'm famous when I'm quite clearly not?

But I'm almost certain he didn't, and that I therefore am famous. And anyway, he went on to tell me that he once installed Sky for someone who sat down at the piano while he was there, played a famous tune and told him he wrote it and got paid lots of money for it. I'm not that bad. I didn't even show him my trophies, although that's mainly because I haven't moved them from my old flat yet.

No comments: