Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Oh, the places you'll go

I'm going to Brighton on Thursday, to record roughly three minutes' worth of quickfire videos for students about how to remember things. Perhaps hardly worth an eight-hour round trip, but it's nice to get out of the house once in a while. And then on Saturday and Sunday it's the British Othello Championship! Which comes with the possibility of qualifying for the World Championship, back in this country again in November! A pretty faint and remote kind of possibility in my case, since with one thing and another I've hardly played a game of othello since last year's nationals, but still, it's all terribly exciting. And since the nationals are in Matlock, I can drive there and back and not have to spend money on a hotel room. Which is good, since I haven't got any money and would have to either sneak into a hotel without paying or sleep on the streets. Or, I suppose, in my car, but somehow sleeping on the streets is cooler than sleeping in a car. I don't know why that is.

No comments: