Wednesday, September 03, 2014

It's a living

I've got a new job, up Sheffield way, and it's not only going to pay me actual money for working there (always a plus when it comes to jobs), they're throwing in some extra cash for me to learn to drive and get a car. So I'm going to be a real commuter, and all I need to do is find a driving instructor who's elderly enough not to notice that I'm 37 rather than 17 and so won't jeer at me.

So now I'm currently working out my four weeks' notice at my current job, and then I'll be (eventually, probably) on the road!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the new job-thing worked out!

Nevertheless, the maps I consulted show Sheffield being a goodly distance from where I remember you living... Anyway, good luck with finding a driving instructor...

Anonymous said...

Why not just get a moped?

http://www.maine.gov/sos/bmv/images/scooterpage7.jpg

Zoomy said...

I live in Belper now, it's not all that far away. And I used to ride a Honda C90 in my reckless youth, I think it's time I moved on to something with four wheels...