Sunday, March 04, 2012

Footy

I'm going to Spain next Wednesday, almost certainly, on another secret project that I'll tell you about later. My life is full of secret projects lately. This is a pretty cool one, though.

But while I'm still here, let's talk about football. Getting the obvious joke out of the way, can I say I'd do a really great job as the next manager of Chelsea, and they'd only have to pay me half a million pounds or so? I'm not greedy and I've got a couple of weeks with nothing better to do.

Having done with that, this is a great premier league season, isn't it? We've had a lot of good ones lately, but this one looks like going all the way. Man Utd actually have an easier last eleven games than City - they've played all the other big teams, whereas City have to play Chelsea-with-a-new-manager in a couple of weeks, then Arsenal and Newcastle away. The derby match on April 30th really is very likely to be decisive, which is awesome.

Also awesome is the race for the other two Champions League spots. Chelsea and Arsenal both have long, distinguished records of qualifying every year for a long time, but it really doesn't look like they can both overtake Spurs. Arsenal for my money will take it now - they're half-way through a run of four extremely tough games, and they've won the two most difficult ones already. But then there's that new manager aspect, which usually gives teams a boost. There are going to be some really great games the next couple of weeks. Hope I don't miss it all in Spain.

Or Germany. This isn't a secret, I think, but I'm going to Germany on the 23rd for a memory competition, most likely. The North German championships, which will happen at the same time as the US Championships, give or take a time zone difference. Or I could go to America instead, I suppose. Or stay at home and have my own Beeston Memory Championship that only I'm allowed to compete in. I haven't quite decided yet.

No comments: