Wednesday, September 14, 2011

You are very fat and stupid and persistently wear a ridiculous hat which you should be ashamed of

My horoscope in the Metro today told me that "Self-deprecation is not attractive, so focus on your positive traits."

How dare the stars tell me (and the five million other Libras in Britain) that I'm not attractive! Do I even have any positive traits that I could focus on? I don't think I have.

Anyway, I'm going to Heilbronn tomorrow, and I really can't wait for the German Championship! There's so much tough competition there, it's a world away from the UK event, fun though that is. It's an event where I could get a good score and still finish behind (in no particular order) Hannes, Simon, Gunther, Christian, Cornelia, Boris and others. But I'm hoping to do rather better than my miserable fifth place last year, because I'm feeling more confident in my preparation. And if I do lose, it'll set me a target to aim for before the World Championship in December, so I'll still be happy!

Meanwhile, please watch Gaby's slideshow of the UK Championship!

No comments: