Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ovgu!

The Mental Calculation World Cup was held at Otto von Guericke University in Magdeburg, and everyone got official university T-shirts that said "JETZT ABER OVGU!" in big letters on the back. I was confidently expecting 'ovgu' to turn out to be an obscenity in the native language of one of the competitors, but unfortunately it didn't. Still, I'm sure one day I'll be walking along the street and suddenly find myself punched in the back of the head by an offended Uzbek.

But nevertheless, I'm in a good mood today, because I got Switzerland in the office World Cup sweepstake, and they unexpectedly won. It's another of those omens I like to attribute to the World Memory Championship - if Switzerland win the competition, I will be absolutely guaranteed to win too!

2 comments:

Boris said...

Ah come on, you are clearly Spain:
- Everybody thinks, they will win the title
- They themself say they wont
- But everyone knows, internally they totally expect to win

;)

Zoomy said...

But everybody always says Spain will win because they're the best team, and then they always do terribly! Spain are... Andi Bell in the 1990s.

I'm Brazil. Everyone thinks they're really cool and they're going to win, but if you watch them carefully, you see that they're actually rubbish and they've got no chance.