Monday, April 26, 2010

An Unforgettable Winner

There's a transcript of a radio interview with me available on the internet, apparently recorded immediately after the world championship last year, in which I answer the usual range of questions for the benefit of Americans. The particularly interesting thing about it is that I have absolutely no memory whatsoever of doing this interview. I obviously did do it, because it's all exactly the kind of thing that I would say, and anyway who would want to make up an interview with me, but this is a fine example of how mentally drained I always am after a world memory championship. I'm fairly certain that these things aren't good for your memory.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Interesting article, but are you sure it's the kind of thing you'd say? Apparently, one number represents your brother-in-law...

Zoomy said...

Well, 994 is in fact my brother. Perhaps the Americans thought 'brother-in-law' made me sound cooler...