Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A thought occurred to my conscious mind

About last night's blog. Every eighteen months, give or take, I feel inspired to write a story about three people called Cecil, Phillip and Samantha, who apparently all live together in some undefined relationship, in which Cecil attempts to assume a position of authority over the world's population, Phillip tries to stop him out of an apparent feeling that it just isn't right and Samantha half-heartedly assists Phillip, while constantly eating and caring for nothing but her own pleasure. I don't mind at all that nobody reads these things, but nonetheless I like to post them on my blog.

After writing yesterday's fourth episode of their interesting lives, I thought to myself that if anybody asked me what it was all about, I could maybe come up with some silly explanation that the three characters represent my ego, super-ego and id, and their adventures are metaphors for the darkest secrets of my own psyche. And then I thought about it some more and realised (based on my very limited knowledge of Freudian theory and skimming the article on wikipedia) that that interpretation completely and totally fits. Cecil's the ego, Phillip the super-ego and Samantha the id. I'm almost afraid to go back and read those blog posts again now, in case they really do shed light on the innermost workings of my mind. Maybe I'll just send them to a psychiatrist and see what they make of it.

1 comment:

Philodoof said...

I like your short stories very much. :-) On the one hand I also wrote short stories especially in my past during school time. When we had to write an essay on something or similar things. Then sometimes I couldn't hold back my confused creativity and got slightly off-topic.(in some way this personal idiosyncrasy contributed to choose Philodoof as nickname) So I have a strong liking for such short stories and on the other hand, the way you write them predominantly hits my humor fairly accurate. :-)