Friday, March 05, 2010

And you're only smilin' when you play your violin

That's one of those blog titles I've wanted to use ever since I encountered that particularly awful rhyme in the strange Abba song "Dum Dum Diddle". I was thinking of jusifying it by writing about how I'm considering taking proper professional lessons in some musical instrument to get over my lifelong desire to actually play something well - it's true, I am, but not so seriously that it merits a blog to itself, and I'd only feel like I was just saying it so I could use that title. Still, it is something I'd like to do. I'm quite sure I've got the soul of a musician (the cool hippy kind) trapped in the body of an accountant-cum-memory-master.

Also, should I go out somewhere distant and exciting tomorrow, or just stay at home and try to memorise things? I can't decide.

No comments: