Friday, August 07, 2009

Other mind sports

While I was in Hamburg, people kept emailing me with news about other mental competition fun. For example, the schedule for the 13th Mind Sports Olympiad has rather belatedly been published. It's happening in the same place as last year, the Royal Horticultural Halls, from August 21st - 31st. I won't be going this year, but if you happen to be in the area, do go along and let me know what it's like.

I also probably won't be going to the World Othello Championship in Gent, Belgium, from November 4th - 7th, but only because you have to qualify for it, and the chances of me managing that are very slim. Indeed, it would require me to remember when and where the Nationals are this year (it's some time in September, I think, somewhere down south), as well as remember how to play the game. I haven't played at all for months...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Other Mind Sports can = Mind Sports, in the same way as Down South can = Up North. For some.

Cheeky~Bandit said...

Just been to a conference which had the theme "Nothing is impossible".

Chris said...

I popped along to the MSO for about half an hour, being in London to attend a friend's wedding. It was pretty much exactly the way you would expect, except smaller still. Remarkably little has changed, which is sort of sad and sort of reassuring.