Friday, January 09, 2009

Come let us stray our gladsome way and view the charms of nature

Look! Squirrels! A blog dedicated to pictures of red squirrels in Bavaria! It's great. I miss the squirrels who used to hang around my old flat in Derby - they had a regular route across the back yard which involved a section skittering quickly along a vertical wall to get to the roof of the shed in the next door garden. There don't seem to be any squirrels watchable from the windows of this house, although there are plenty of trees, big gardens and hiding-places. Maybe I'll leave some nuts lying around out the back and see what happens.

I'm in a bit of a nature-boy mood tonight, for some reason. I don't normally watch nature documentaries, but I saw an article earlier about a thing about cuckoos tonight, so I decided to watch it. And it was good stuff, too - it's always fun in a weird way to watch a tiny reed warbler feeding a massive screaming cuckoo chick three or four times its size.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for Squirrels! Cuckoos are cute too, it's a bit sad when they push the other baby birds out of the nest though... :(

JB

Zoomy said...

Yay, I've finally worked out who the anonymous poster on the previous post was! I was thinking "Who do I know who's 28 this year?" but for some reason I didn't remember you...

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that wasn't me. I was born in 1981 though...

*worries a bit now*

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. Glad you enjoy the photos. Set out some nuts, that's what I do.