Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Eddy Grant?

Eddy Grant sent me a friend request on Facebook today. Either the actual singer Eddy Grant, or someone using his photo and birthday and things on their Facebook account. I'm quite flattered that he wants to be my friend - I do quite like several of his songs, and assuming he's not dead (I have a vague feeling that he might be), it would definitely be cool to meet up with him some time. However, I never accept friend requests from people I don't know who don't send me any kind of message explaining why they want to be friends with me, so I had to turn him down.

I do have other cool people writing to me, though. Someone asked me for a signed photo the other day - and not just any someone, but a real grown-up who's a successful American lawyer!

In other news, I'd just like to record here that I really like russet apples. I bought a bag of them from the market at the weekend, and although they're over-ripe, they still reminded me how much I like the things. I hadn't had one for years, and I really want some more now. Sadly, I'm pretty sure they're out of season, so I'll have to wait till later in the year. By which time I will have forgotten about it again.

3 comments:

SamT said...

Eddy Grant isn't he the one that's married to Cary Grant and they do things like Fame Academy and a kiddies programme about singing on CBBies?
Only Eddy Grant I can think of who had a pop career thats no dead, if he's English and has a weird hair cut that is! lol
I would know if I saw a picture!!

Zoomy said...

Cary Grant? The male actor who's definitely dead? I don't watch Fame Academy, and although I do watch CBeebies, I don't remember seeing an Eddy Grant on it.

No, the Facebook person who wanted to be friends with me is this guy. "Baby Come Back", "Electric Avenue", "Gimme Hope Joanna" and so on. And no, he's not dead, according to Wikipedia at least.

SamT said...

CARY Grant is his wife and very alive and female!!
They are both voices coaches and do something to gether on Cbeebies!!