Sunday, September 09, 2007

Hanjie!

I seem to have got addicted to hanjie puzzles - those Japanese ones with the grid where you colour in squares according to the numbers at the sides. I've been doing them for years, since they first started appearing in Tough Puzzles magazine (called 'Tsunami' in those days, until they changed the name after the big real tsunami), but to pass the time on the way to Bahrain I bought a book of puzzles that had lots of hanjies in, and now I can't get enough of the things. I suppose there are worse things I could be addicted to. Like sudoku. That would just be weird.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Othello, lol.

Anonymous said...

There's a similar thing on the ds game "Essential Sudoku" where the pictures are in colour. It gives you the number of squares that colour, then you must leave spaces between another batch of the same colour, or no spaces between a different one...its great.

Zoomy said...

Yep, that's the one. Except, Luddite that I am, I like to do them with pencils and paper...

Anonymous said...

I wish people wouldn't keep leaving anonymous comments here, it's really annoying. And what has Shakespeare got to do with anything? Is this a disc I see before me? - Macbeth