Thursday, June 22, 2006

I don't get it

And by 'it', I mean ticket inspectors on trains. Not as a person, they're all very nice people, but I don't get why they don't conduct on the same trains every day. I take the same train every morning and evening, and it's always someone different inspecting my ticket. It was the same when I was commuting from Boston to Skegness - never the same guy twice. Well, sometimes they're guyesses, but mostly they're guys.

Anyway, I'm off to Hattingen. Gradually. My plane leaves too early in the morning to get a train down there without panicking about missing it, so I'm spending the night in a hotel in Birmingham. Then I'm going to spend tomorrow sight-seeing in Dusseldorf and Essen before finally making my way to Hattingen on Saturday morning. Unless I get lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's, and by "it's" I mean it and is, all a grand conspiracy by the Federation of Ticket Inspectors.

One day, awhile ago, one ticket inspector said to the other, "Ben Pridmore's on my train!" -- "No way!, PLEASE can I switch with you, so I too can look at him?" And that's how it started, now everyone wants to see Ben.

Anonymous said...

I believe it.