Monday, May 08, 2006

Chance meetings with everyone I know in the world

Going home to Derby this morning I got to Cambridge station at quarter past ten, to find that the trains up to the midlands leave at four minutes past the hour. So rather than sitting around for fifty minutes, I decided to go back into town and hang around there for a while. But on my way out of the station I bumped into Ed Cooke, on his way home too, and Paul Smith, on his way to London on business. They don't know each other and just both happened to be in the same place at the same time. So we chatted about memory and MSOs for a few minutes until they went in to catch their trains, and since by then it was starting to rain and there was only half an hour to wait I went back into the station too, and ran into Jenny, on her way into work having overslept! I can only conclude that everyone in the universe passes through Cambridge at some point around 10:30 on a Monday morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is quite funny. I entered the station about 10:00 and took the train to London at about 10:15.

Actually I am feeling worth about not being able to read the Football World Cup Schedule than being that bad in Cambridge myself, but since Germany wont win their group everything will be fine *g

But even if it is England vs. Germany it might even improve the event! The match would be starting at 5pm and I intend to finish 4:30pm. So we could shorten the prize-giving-ceremony and then watch the match together in a pub or still at the venue!

See you there,
Boris

Anonymous said...

I just looked at the WMC Homepage and it states that the "THE GERMAN OPEN MEMORY CHAMPIONSHIP" is going to be in German! =D

Also, while/whilst I'm thinking about it, what did you mean by, "Malaysia might not happen" in the previous post?

Anonymous said...

www.worldmemorychampionships.com says, that Ben is organizing the German Memory Championships! What a surprise! Maybe it explains, why it also says, Spoken numbers will be in English only and everything else is like in Cambridge. ;) ;) ;)

I hope say correct the mistake soon, before I get the first mails asking me, if I knew, that the German Champion would get a flight ticket to Malaysia (and what Clemens is going to do with another one) ;)

Boris

Zoomy said...

I've asked them to fix it, before everyone emails me to enter the German Championship. And anyway, Clemens isn't going to win this one, I am! ;)