Saturday, April 22, 2006

Chewing gum for the eyes

I haven't done much but watch TV today. I did go to the trouble of shuffling 33 packs of cards with the intention of memorising them, then remembered that my printer's still broken and I'd run out of my card recall sheets. So I went to Curry's and got a new printer, and printed some out, but by then I hadn't got a three-hour gap anywhere in between all the things I wanted to watch on telly, so I didn't do anything.

Still, today's Ben 10 was very good, the football was quite a fun game and Chelsea lost (always a good thing). Doctor Who wasn't as good as usual - you'd think after 40 years they'd know that the show doesn't work when it's based around some rather dodgy special effects, and the werewolf just didn't look like it was there, I'm afraid. You'd see the characters reacting in horror and then a cut to what looked like an advert for a video game. It wasn't Skarasen levels of badness, but it was in the same ballpark.

St George's Day tomorrow, and I've noticed that some optimistic card-manufacturers are trying to sell St George's Day cards. And I bet nobody gets me one, either.

No comments: