Monday, March 20, 2006

Media studies

I've just had advance warning that another documentary-maker, from the BBC this time, is going to be emailing me. I seem to be getting a lot more of this kind of thing this year than I did the year that I was World Memory Champion. Perhaps the TV-viewing public are really demanding coverage of 'mind sports' these days? There's also apparently going to be some kind of programme about othello, thanks to Michael Handel giving the game so much publicity on The Armstrongs (with one thing and another, I've missed every episode since the first, but I'm definitely going to see it this week. Assuming it doesn't clash with the football). Perhaps I'll be rich and famous with minimal effort yet! I can just see it, major memory championship celebrity appearing in adverts for brainy things like... well, my imagination's drawing a blank as to the kind of product that would benefit from endorsement by a clever person. Apart from furniture design, of course.

Actually, now I come to think of it, I've always wanted to appear in an advert for McDonald's. I read an article a couple of years ago about how eating junk food is supposed to damage your memory, and I thought I would be great in an advertising campaign along the lines of "McDonald's - it's not just for fat, stupid people."

People should eat a lot more junk food.

No comments: