Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Change of career

Going back to work after a memory competition is always a drag. Particularly when on my first day back I'm dragged into a meeting with my boss, and her boss, and his boss - a whole food chain of accountants with me at the bottom explaining why the figures look like they do. I suppose I could have got my own assistant in and blamed him, but I don't expect it would have worked. Still, I more or less managed to give the impression I knew what I was talking about, as usual. It's a gift.

It does make me think I should take all these people seriously when they say I should write books and things - it would probably be less stressful all round. But as soon as I click back into accountant mode, I don't want to leave it and look for something new and scary...

No comments: