Sunday, October 09, 2005

Snooker loopy, nuts are we

I realise that this is the third post in a row where I'm talking about something I've been watching on telly, but what's the point of having weekends if you can't switch off your brain every once in a while and just soak in the radiation from the idiot box? It hasn't even been about cartoons either, which I think displays a refreshingly broad range of interests from me.

Anyway, it's good to see the new season of snooker back on TV. I think it's a peculiarly British kind of entertainment, seeing men in evening dress gently hitting balls around a table with a stick, and getting paid ridiculous amounts of money to do it. I think a lot of the appeal comes from the way it looks so darn easy - you sit there and think 'well, I could do that, no problem!'

Actually, it's harder than it looks. It's always been one of my many dreams in life to become a great snooker player, but I'm prepared to admit that that's one of the ones that will probably remain unfulfilled. I suppose with a few years of practice I could still get good, but I think that's more time than I can really afford to put in, especially since I can't fit a snooker table in my flat.

Ho hum, back to work tomorrow. A three-day week, what's more! Who knows, maybe something not on television will come up that I'll want to blog about?

1 comment:

Sam said...

I play better when I'm tipsy.