Thursday, October 27, 2005

Hmm

Is it too late to call off this whole documentary thing? Today's filming session had more telling me what to do than I like to have in my average day. Which makes me wonder again why I'm doing this if it's only going to get on my wick, when the end result is going to be people sitting and watching me going about my everyday life and talking about memory stuff. None of which is something I really like. So should I call Nick and tell him I don't want to do it, or just put up with it so as not to hurt his feelings?

Also, I've got a sort of reputation in memory circles as the kind of person who's down-to-earth, and doesn't go in for self-promotion. If there's an award-winning documentary about how great I am, it might damage that reputation.

I think I'll just do nothing and hope he realises what a dull documentary this would be. Anyway, officially the last day of work tomorrow! Got my P45 and final payslip today, the money's in the bank tomorrow, I would imagine there's going to be a fair amount of drinking too. Which might be a problem seeing as I'm taking my grandma out to lunch on Saturday. Ah well, I'm sure I'll be fine as long as I keep off the Stella.

Ross and Joey are drinking midori on Friends at the moment. Or several years ago when they filmed the episode, anyway. And it's probably coloured water, to be fair. Still, it's good to see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben don't keep beating yourself up about the documentary!! Just go along with it and enjoy the ride - or at least try to! If you are not doing it for yourself then do it for the good of Memory Sports as a whole - it needs a bit of publicity!

Sam said...

I think you should stick with it - you've put a lot into it all, why not get something back out of it all?

It could be fun...you might win an Oscar.

Zoomy said...

Yes, but what am I going to get out of it? It'll be Nick who wins the Oscar for his amazing skills in capturing all the sordid details of the life of a nerd, I'll be more like an exhibit in the zoo for slack-jawed yokels to gawp at.

I might try to persuade him to shift his focus to someone else - that way 'memory sports' will still get a plug, and I don't have to see a film about myself. Want to be a star, Jimbo?

Sam said...

But I think a documentary with you in it would be fascinating - it's like with your blog...you're all worried about content, but it's you that makes whatever you write interesting.

You can hush a room and get dozens of grown-ups to stare at you recite a pack of cards, for goodness' sake!