Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Closure

It occurs to me that anyone reading this who was enthralled by my ramblings of last week would want to know that I did eventually get hold of a copy of GLA #4, at only the third comic shop in London I looked in on Sunday. Three cheers for Forbidden Planet's policy of buying three times as many copies of every comic as they could possibly hope to sell!

I didn't like it as much as the first three, to be honest. Less outright funny stuff and more poking fun at Identity Crisis than was really necessary. It was still worth the effort of finding it, though.

Anyway, today was a fun day at work. More ice cream and less working hours than usual. Having nobly refrained from ordering a McFlurry when Sarah went to McDonald's at lunchtime, I capitulated and asked for one when Lisa went out at three. The caramel ones aren't as nice as the lions, but they're still yummy. Then half an hour later Zoe came back from picking her car up with another tray of McFlurries, having decided to treat us all to one. So I had another, a crunchie this time. Then we all left half an hour early too - Tony's on holiday and nobody else is all that bothered. I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of this kind of thing in the months to come.

No comments: